The Friends met June 15 and discussed several things, including:
- Reviewing last month’s meeting minutes
- Treasury report
- Summer reading contests
- Grants & fundraising
- Upcoming events
- August 3rd – Usborne Book Fair
- October 19th – Membership drive and party – “For the Love of Books & Chocolate”
- November 11th – Syrup Festival booth
- December – Christmas Open House
Summer reading programs are off to a great start!
The Library has so much to offer for children out for summer break.
Here’s just a few that you can ask your library staff about:
- Writing contest
- Art contest
- Reading program
- Guest speakers
- Pizza party
- Teen movie night
- Magic show
- Mad Science Experiments
- Craft day
- Puppet show
- And more!
We were on the radio!
Click the link below to hear our KPXI/KWRD Road Show Interview from June 1st:
Thursday, July 20 @ 6 pm
Friends meetings are held the third Thursday of every month – we’d love to have you!
What’s on the agenda:
- Voting on t-shirt designs
- Planning Chocolate party/Membership drive (October)
- Planning book fair (August)
- Results of summer reading programs
- Come to a board meeting third Thursday night of every month @ 6 pm upstairs in the library (Henderson)
- Make a donation to the Friends
- Buy a cookbook, book bag, or pen available at the library front desk
- Invite friends to join our Friends
- Come to one of our upcoming fundraising events